1. “I love to shop after a bad relationship. I don’t know. I buy a new outfit and it makes me feel better. It just does. Sometimes I see a really great outfit, I’ll break up with someone on purpose”
What is it with girls and this curious shopping therapy? It empties your wallets but does not fill your hearts, I guess. I know ladies, you don’t agree.
2. “Only time can heal your broken heart, just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.”
Never mess with Miss Piggy. Poor Kermit.
3.“When you break up, your whole identity is shattered. It’s like death.”
This was very interesting for me to read. Such a tough guy like Dennis Quaid suffering from a break up? And he admits it in public? Tough guy with a heart.
4. “I’m not sure what the future holds but I do know that I’m going to be positive and not wake up feeling desperate. As my dad said ‘Nic, it is what it is, it’s not what it should have been, not what it could have been, it is what it is’.”
Nicole Kidman is a fantastic woman. I would definitely ask her out for a date, if she’d be around.
5. “Breaking up is a natural evolution when you try to figure out what you want in life. If you’re with an individual who isn’t moving in the same direction and at the same rate that you are, it ain’t going to work.”
This is a very interesting quote. Break ups as natural evolution of our lives. That is exactly the way I see it. Break ups are simply course corrections on our way to happiness.
6. “Breaking up. It happens kind of suddenly. One minute, you’re holding hands walking down the street, and the next minute, you’re lying on the floor crying and all the good CDs are missing.”
A very funny quote but it hits the bullseye.
7. I broke up with someone, and she said, “You’ll never find anyone like me again.” And I’m thinking, I hope not!…Does anybody end a bad relationship and say, “By the way, do you have a twin?”
We are not evolving, if we choose the same person again with whom we broke up. But many people do exactly that, they attract the people they don’t want in their lifes, making the same mistakes over and over again.